There are things you should know ahead of time to increase your chances of arriving safely and what to do if a bus or taxi accident occurs. A car accident lawyer can provide helpful advice about these matters.
Public transportation is an excellent resource for any city, as it gives people safe, cost effective ways to reach important places like school or work. Unfortunately accidents do happen. There is no way of knowing whether getting on a bus or into a taxi might turn into a regrettable event, and no amount of preparation will make you 100% safe. In a taxi, use a seatbelt if one is available. On a bus, if you are standing or moving, always hang onto an available pole or strap.
Bus Accident Lawyers
Bus accidents can happen for many reasons:
- A driver might not be in a good condition to drive.
- being too tired
- taking certain medications
- A driver could approach or leave a stop too quickly,
- A driver could fail to see that passengers are safely seated or holding a pole before driving away.
- The bus could be cut off by another vehicle, bike, or pedestrian.
If you are injured in a bus accident, you don’t have to suffer the consequences alone.
Calling a lawyer could be the difference between high medical bills and loss of income and financial relief. The damages sustained in public transit accidents can vary widely, depending on the individual and the circumstances of the event.
Common types of injuries include:
- Soft tissue damage
- Ligament damage
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Concussions or whiplash
Our auto accident lawyers can help you through the claims process after you’ve been injured in a bus or taxi accident. No matter what the injury, there is help available. We can make sure that you get the financial relief you need and deserve to recuperate.
Taxi Accident Lawyers
What should you do if you are ever involved in a taxi or bus accident?
- Always take care of any injuries immediately by calling 911 or the appropriate authorities.
- Your first priority is the health and safety of you and those around you.
- Getting contact information of witnesses is a good idea, because you can refer to them later during the claims process. A bus driver will gather witness names but will not share that information with you but instead give it to the bus company.
- The police will fill out a report with important details like who the driver was and the number of the bus or taxi.
- Call a trusted car accident lawyer.
Once your injuries have been addressed and the police have made the report, it is time to call a car accident lawyer. If you have been involved in an accident, please contact Taylor and Blair to discuss your case. Our experience gets results – more than 95% of our cases are settled without the need to go to court.